Checking out the Sitecore Social Connector. If you’ve been to the AIIM website, you see that we do a little of this. I want to do it better. I’m here to see if we can do it cost effectively. David Morrison is presenting in this session.
- Version 1.3 was just released and it is a free module (Nice confirmation for ignorant people like myself)
- Social Brainstorm
- Simplify visitor registration and authentication
- Post content to social networks directly from CMS
- Manage multiple Facebook accounts
- Social Engagement
- Personalize content using social profile
- TrackLikes, Comments, and Tweets
- Track social campaigns with DMS
- Social Application Integration
- Allow visitors to quickly login with social credentials
- Match any existing accounts using email address, linking after account creation
- Bundled networks: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+
- Can create your social authentication provider (OAuth)
- Can tie directly to specific Facebook Applications
- Profile information is pulled at each login and stored in Sitecore. If user preferences become more restrictive regarding sharing data, that data is removed to keep compliant
- You can map a social property to multiple Sitecore properties
- Social Buttons, FB Like and Tweet, can configure Goal and Campaign conversion
- Social Content Messaging
- Post social messages quickly using saved accounts
- Easily manage multiple social accounts in one place
- Post messages to multiple accounts for the same network when content item is published
- Automatically adds campaign tracking parameters to links
- Social Analytics
- Analyze Social Messaging Activity (Likes, Comments, Tweets/RT, DMS Value and Visits)
- Fibonacci Refresh rate in hours, used as activity to be measured slows over time
- Will allow social promotions to be posted
- Hyves Network Provider for Sitecore Social Connected v 1.3 available on GitHub. Relevant if you need to implement your own provider
Next is Lunch!
All information in this post was gathered from the presenters and presentation. It does not reflect my opinion unless clearly indicated (Italics in parenthesis). Any errors are most likely from my misunderstanding a statement or imperfectly recording the information. Updates to correct information are reflected in red, but will not be otherwise indicated.
All statements about the future of Sitecore products and strategy are subject to change at any time due to a large variety of factors.