Last month, I ran into an error. You know the type, vague, irritating, and an r_object_id that I didn’t recognize. (Okay, I never “recognize” an id given the complexity, but usually I can figure things out from the first two digits.) The error basically said that the r_object_id “53…” did not exist.
Anyway, a quick look didn’t reveal anything. I determined that it wasn’t derived by dm_sysobject by doing a quick query on the table. I decided to throw the question out to Twitter and see what happened.
Okay fearless #Documentum hackers, what object type begins its r_object_id with a ’53’?
I got two replies, one from Lee Dallas (@ldallasBMOC) and another from David Matheson (@davidfmatheson).
@piewords #Documentum 53 is dm_literal_expr – if you are asking-you need to run data dictionary publish,clear caches restart app svrs
@piewords #Documentum @ldallasBMOC beat me to it, I would add you can check IDfId for the full list of what’s what in any version of DFC.
So Lee gave me the fix, which had already been executed, but he told me why the restart of the client application worked. (The Data Dictionary runs regularly in our environment, so it had already run). David taught me how to answer the question in the future. I also found another way to make the determination as well. I’m going to share them both now.
Continue reading →