Now for the big session, the Documentum keynote. I keep hearing promises of big things. I’ll be happy with consistency and advancement of last year’s strategy. I never expect immediate turn-around from any established company. If they are still on track, I’ll be happy.
- Jeetu Patel, CSO and CMO, takes the stage first
- Rick, the President, is taking the stage after the announcements
- Attendence approaching 1000 (lower than pre-EMC levels but increase over recent years)
- (Not a lot new so far, which isn’t a bad thing given the topics)
- Talking about xCP and Greenplum together, real-time analytics
- New graphics, same message (good)
- New User
- Pervasive Governance
- Said eRoom. (Didn’t imagine it, I checked??? Maintenance release likely but not confirmed)
- Documentum D2 4.0
- Drag and drop creation
- configurable workspaces
- Widgets like Twitter and Google
- Configuration means agile development
- Adding IRM to Documentum Mobile App v1.2 for both iPad and iPhone to improve security of documents
- Brought John O’Meila to stage
- Beginning to role out Services created solutions on EMC OnDemand
- Life Science focus
- D2 “grew-up” in Life Science industry
- Building suite of Life Science solutions, 1st is Quality Manufacturing
- Electronic submission coming
- All on EMC OnDemand
- Five vertical focus for products: Public Sector, Life Sciences, Energy, Healthcare, and Financial Services
- Tension between the New User and need for Governance
- Acquired Syncplicity for enterprise synch and share (Box and Dropbox competitor? Research time)
- Includes remote wipe and encryption
- Increasing trial from 30 days to 90 days in booth 527
- Want to be place where Productivity meets trust
Expo center is next. See you there.
All information in this post was gathered from the presenters and presentation. It does not reflect my opinion unless clearly indicated (Italics in parenthesis). Any errors are most likely from my misunderstanding a statement or imperfectly recording the information. Updates to correct information are reflected in red, but may not be otherwise indicated.
All statements about the future of EMC products and strategy are subject to change at any time due to a large variety of factors.
One thought on “EMC World 2012: Rick Devenuti’s Documentum Keynote”
Thanks Laurence. D2 4.0 seems to be an interesting new development since MMTM Berlin. That and Syncplicity seem to be the “new messages” since then – so far.
Comments are closed.