The call for speakers is out for AIIM 2014. As an employee, I can only speak as either a backup or as a keynote, though John Mancini seems to have that job locked-up.
You, on the other hand, can speak. In fact, you should speak. Your experiences and war stories are the kind of things that make the AIIM Conference useful for everyone.
Why should you speak?
- It is a chance to share your pain. Think of it as group therapy.
- Presentations are only 20 minutes long. Anyone can find enough useful information to fill that time.
- You can validate your ideas and experience among some of the leading minds in the Information Management profession.
- It is a chance to tell your favorite “war story”. (Those are the best presentations)
- Your boss is unlikely to say you can’t go if you are a speaker.
- You can tell people I am wrong without me being able to interrupt you.
- Looking smart in front of potential future colleagues is always a good thing.
- Why do lists always have to have 10 items? This is hard.
- Gaining the respect and admiration of your industry peers goes a long way.
- Who doesn’t want to spend a week in Orlando?
So start thinking about all the nuggets of wisdom you want to share and submit your idea today.