Thanks to the Big Men, I have added a new, somewhat interesting, feature to the Word of Pie. It is a map showing where readers are located. This new map, over on the right, is a little feature of ClustrMaps and is providing me with lots of fun data. If you click on it, you’ll be taken to a larger view.
After almost a week, I have learned this much:
- I have readers on every continent except Antarctica.
- My southern-most readers are in Chile, South Africa, and New Zealand (the winner I think)
- Outside of the US, the most hits in a country are the UK, India, and a few other countries in Western Europe hidden under the large red dots.
- Most surprising location? Central China (Yinchuan?) Cape Town in South Africa and Mashhad(?), Iran were close seconds.
- Most surprising non-hit? Ireland. Only after looking at the European coverage did it stick out.
Going to reset the map occasionally, though I am not sure how often. It is going to be a little toy for a while.