At the end of January, I talked about the proposed effort being undertaken by the iECM committee to create a CMIS demonstration for the AIIM Expo. Things are going well and I am working with others to build the demonstration. I wanted to share a few details with you.
- We are implementing the Web Service binding for CMIS. While REST would be better for what we are doing, it was felt that the Web Services binding would be easier for the development team to churn out.
- As a result of that, the participating vendors are Alfresco, EMC, IBM, and Nuxeo. Microsoft wanted to participate was not sure that their Web Services binding would be complete in time.
- Each vendor will have a two issues worth of articles from AIIM’s bi-monthly publication, Infonomics. In addition, each vendor is welcome to add their own white papers and collateral to the system.
- Users will search on metadata and/or full text. All searches will be round-robin sorted so that each repository has multiple hits on the first page, assuming that they have any content that meets the criteria.
- The system is being developed in .NET because we were able to identify a free hosting server that could support the effort.
- We, including myself, are going to be at the Expo on April 2nd to talk about it. I’ll share the exact time when I have it.