Time to learn about the communities module for Sitecore by John Field. This has been a big challenge for AIIM and I’d love for Sitecore to give us a way to solve this problem without having to write it all from scratch.
- Shared Source currently
- Social Starter Kit powered by Telligent, complete integrated platform
- Low cost of entry ~$10K (some limitations regarding server count and applies to only 1 domain name)
- 2 production servers and 1 non-production server
- Quick time to value
- Incremental steps and investments for a broader, more comprehensive social strategy
- 80 joint customers between Telligent and Sitecore
- Features include: Blogs(5 apps), Micro-blogging, Discussion Forums(10), Media Galleries(2), Relationships/Networking, Automated Moderation, Widgets (Sitecore related), and Search
- Telligent demo
- Discussions can just be discussions or can be Q&A
- Sitecore demo
- They have an integration to YetAnotherForum (look-and-feel) may be harder
- Referencing the Sitecore Social Connected
- Can automatically tweet when something is published
Off to get some coffee and attend a session on SEO. I understand the basic rules but am curious to see what Sitecore can help from this perspective.
All information in this post was gathered from the presenters and presentation. It does not reflect my opinion unless clearly indicated (Italics in parenthesis). Any errors are most likely from my misunderstanding a statement or imperfectly recording the information. Updates to correct information are reflected in red, but will not be otherwise indicated.
All statements about the future of Sitecore products and strategy are subject to change at any time due to a large variety of factors.